What information does Unmetric collect?
1. User Provided Information:
When you fill up any forms on our Website, you provide certain personal information such as your name, email address, contact number. When you submit any of these forms, you will be requested to consent to the use and processing of the personal information you submit. This information will be used only with your consent and only for the purpose for which the information is provided to us.
2. Information collected from social media platforms:
Please note that the purposes for which we process this information does not require your identification. We also do not use this information to profile you. However, we will analyze this information, including your publicly available information, for our legitimate business purposes and provide the information and our analysis to our clients. For example: if you like a brand’s commercial on Facebook, we may analyze your action and identify your ‘Like’ as a positive sentiment towards that commercial.
3. Information collected from other third party sources:
We also obtain information like the names, designation/job title, employer company, email ID and other contact details of persons from third party business information or content providers; from company / business pages on the world wide web and while attending business networking events. We use this information for communications, including marketing and advertising our products and services.
4. Information collected automatically via cookies and other tracking tools:
Data, such as your computer's Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system and browser type, and the date and time of your visit, details relating to your device, session ID, application ID, cookie ID, social ID may be collected through the use of "cookies" (small files that are stored on your computer by a website to give you a unique identification) and/ or other tracking tools when you access/use our Website. Cookies also keep track of services you have used, record registration information regarding your sign in username and password, ensure you do not repeatedly see advertisements, record your preferences and keep you logged into the Website. We treat general user data as personal information if we combine it with or link it to any of the personally identifying information mentioned above and, in those cases, will only use it as aggregate data.
5. Aggregate Data:
Aggregate data is data we collect about a group or category of features, services or individuals, from which individual identities have been removed. For example, information about how you use a feature may be collected and combined with information about how others use the same feature, without any personal information included in the resulting data. The company uses aggregate data to help identify trends and understand customer needs so we can provide better features and services. The company may also share automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally identifiable information with interested third parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, and/or functionality on the Website.
6. Third-Party Collected Data:
7. How do we use your information? And will we share any of the personal information we receive?
- The sole purpose of collecting, storing and processing your personal and organizational information when you sign up for our services is to provide you with a better experience, and to use certain functions with ease (e.g. matching of predefined settings like your brand’s social profiles, your industry, etc. to your login details).
- We track data on how you use our services to conduct research and development which enables us to continuously improve our product offerings and services.
- We will communicate with you while using our services through emails, or through other means on or through the services (e.g. via messaging within the platform or push notifications if you use our mobile app). We will communicate transactional or service messages to you, such as welcoming you to our services or alerting you about new features or informing you of scheduled downtime.
- We will also send you marketing communications, on our own behalf (e.g. information about new services or providing user guides about how to use our services better). You can always opt-out of receiving future marketing communications in the footer of each email we send to you. You cannot opt-out of receiving transaction or service messages from us (e.g. password reset emails).
We do not sell, rent or share personal information with third parties without your prior consent except in the limited circumstances described in this Policy.
In addition to uses as mentioned above, we also use your information:
- To deliver our services for the purposes for which you provided the information.
- To fulfill your requests regarding our services, including without limitation requests for demos and other information or to respond to your inquiries.
- To send marketing communications regarding other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
- To track email opens and clicks data to analyze the effectiveness of our email marketing campaigns.
- To enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our services.
- To provide technical support for our services.
- Perform analysis regarding how you use our website or any part thereof.
We do not share personal information with other third-party organizations for their marketing, advertising or promotional use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
Except as stated in this Policy, we do not share personal information about Users with third parties unless we reasonably believe that doing so is legally required or is in the company’s interest to protect its property or other legal rights or the rights or property of others.
In addition, personal information may be disclosed as part of any merger, acquisition, debt financing or sale of company assets, as well as in the event of an insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership in which personal information could be transferred to third parties as one of our business assets.
8. How long do we retain your personal information?
We will retain the personal information for as long as it is reasonably necessary for us to provide our services. However, if you request that we delete your personal information, we will delete your personal information from our records.
9. What are your rights with respect to your personal information?
You have a number of legal rights in your personal information and these include the right to:
- Request access to the personal information that we have about you and request that it be updated, rectified, erased or request for data portability; or
- Request that we refrain/ restrict further use of any personal information we hold about you; or
- If you want, withdraw the consent previously given by you.
To exercise any rights listed above, please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the address listed at the top of this document.
10. Does Unmetric share personal information with External Website?
11. What personal information can I access?
If you register on our website, you will have access to your personal information and you may update, correct, or delete your user information and email subscription preferences at any time by going to the log-in section of the Website. Your registration information is accessible online only through the use of a password. To protect the confidentiality of your personal information, you must keep your password confidential. You are responsible for all uses of the Website by any person using your password. Please advise us immediately if you believe your password has been misused or otherwise misappropriated by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Is the personal information secure?
We use reasonable and appropriate security measures in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and alteration of personal information under our control. However, we cannot guarantee protection of all information in all cases, for example, we cannot guarantee protection against interception, misappropriation, misuse, or alteration, or that your information will not be disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Additionally, we have absolutely no control over the security of other sites you might visit, interact with or do business with.
If we learn of a security systems breach, then we will notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. The company may post a notice on the Website if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us.
13. Special Note to International Users
Our Website is hosted in the United States. If you are accessing our Website from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal information collection, use, and disclosure, that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions, and by providing your personal data you consent to:
- The transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.
If we are transferring your personal information, we will take steps which are reasonably necessary to ensure that adequate safeguards are in place to protect your personal information and to make sure it is treated securely. If you are located in Europe, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your personal information and privacy rights in these circumstances.
We will modify this Policy if our privacy practices materially change. For changes to this Policy that may be materially less restrictive on our use or disclosure of personal information that you have provided to us, we will attempt to obtain your consent before applying the Policy to your personally identifiable information. Otherwise, we will notify you of such changes by posting the new policy on our Website and indicating the date it was last updated at the bottom of the Policy. We encourage you to review the Policy each time you visit our Website to see if it has been updated, in order to make sure you understand how personal information you provide will be used. Your continued use of the Website constitutes your agreement to this Policy and any updates.
Contact information If you have any questions about this Policy, or the practices of or your dealings with the Website, please email us at email@example.com.